|Head of Category Marketing- Dynamic FMCG Business- North|
|Salary||65,000 - 85,000 + Benefits|
|Role Type||Category Management|
|Global FMCG Branded Business... Massive Leadership Role.... Are you ready for the Challenge?|
|Multi-Billion, Pioneering, Passionate, High Growth and Highly Strategic; these are just a few adjectives to describe the FMCG business we are representing. They operate across a "Multi-Category" remit in the retail market and they stand at either 1st or 2nd in every specific category in which they operate. They have some of the UK's leading Grocery Brands/Products and also have huge traction with the Foodsevice and Cash & Carry Wholesale Channels. Their 5 year plan is simple and yet immeasurably challenging, to transform the very way in which their Categories are “defined” and “shopped” by the retailer and consumer alike. In order to achieve these, they are seeking to appoint a real Strategic bigger hitter within the Category/Trade Marketing Profession.|
|As the Head of Category You will be Leading a Large Team and will take ownership of driving a “change agenda” both internally & externally to the business. Your short-term goals will be 2 years out, whilst long-term goals will be devised some 5 years into the future, hence the intellectual stretch you will experience will be unparalleled in your career to date. Working at close quarters with the Group Category Director, Marketing Director and Group Commercial Director your plans will form the “Category Compass” for the business to set its course.
- To provide compelling category vision for internal and external (customer) contacts to drive category growth and Company share within
- To provide leading edge category insight to the customer category teams
- Development and implementation of the Company's category management approach
- Define and implement a channel category strategy
- Management of range, space and merchandising growth levers, creating a real point of differentiation and method of implementing
- To create industry leading category management practices recognised by peers as best in class.
- To influence category partnerships with major retailers influencing branded and retailer brand portfolios through merchandising, research, planning and marketing contacts within accounts
- Influence the marketing and sales agenda to ensure business and category profitable growth
- Category vision development
- Category Channel Plans
- Management and development of team of Large Team of Category Managers
- Creation of Category management approach with major customers
- Ensure best practice shared across retailers to drive profitable growth for brands
- Provision of leading edge shopper insight and implications / recommendations for retailers.
- To impact point of purchase in store for through range, space, merchandising and display
- UK MD – occasional
- Group Category Director- frequent
- UK Group Commercial Director- frequent
- Grocery/Impulse sales controllers– frequent
- Marketing directors & controllers – frequent contact
- Major Customers – Buying controllers / Buying Directors / Category Directors
Decision Making Authority:
- Budget control, insight spend (indirect) category channel strategy, category vision management, key customer category strategy
- Upon successful achievements of your goals, your career with the group will take you to a Board level position.
The ideal candidate will have developed their career within either Category/Trade Marketing or possibly Consumer Insight. Not for the faint hearted, you will have already reached a Senior level within Category Management and you will be ready to test your true ability. The client is also open to Exceptional Candidates who could be working for a leading Retailer within the Category/Trade Marketing division.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- A highly numerate and strategic thinking individual with the ability to analyse market, category and financial data to identify key trends and recommend creative solutions.
- Expert understanding of key customer dynamics in grocery retailing and of consumer marketing and manufacturing within an FMCG environment.
- A highly organised individual with good planning skills and the ability to manage cross functional category projects both within and outside of the company.
- Developed interpersonal skills and high personal credibility to interface between both internal functions and external customers.
- An ability to present and influence internal and external people at senior level
- Line management experience with good leadership and coaching skills.